At Kentucky Railway Museum
Take a trip back in time at Kentucky Railway Museum's 1940s Weekend! It's an opportunity to experience a taste of one of the most important decades in the history of the United States, with a World War II Army encampment, soldiers in authentic uniforms, civilians in period, cars from the era, swing dancers, and music from the Ladies for Liberty, a nationally known singing group that will perform the tunes made famous by the Andrews Sisters. And of course, there will be a train ride.
Schedule of Events
- 10:30-11:00 am 14th Armored Re-Enactors World War II Unit — displays and maneuvers on both days
- 11:00-11:30 am New Lou Swing Dance Community — swing dancing
- 11:30-noon Costume Contest — prizes include a Crosley turntable, gift certificates for Elizabeth's Timeless Attire, a photo session at the Kentucky Railway Museum and train excursion tickets
- 12:15-12:45 pm Ladies for Liberty and New Lou Swing Dance Community
- 2:00-3:45 pm Train Excursion
- 3:45-5:00 pm 14th Armored Re-Enactors WWII Unit — displays and maneuvers
- 12:15-12:45 pm Fresh Cut Grass — Bluegrass Band
- 12:45-1:15 pm 14th Armored Re-Enactors WWII Unit — displays and maneuvers
- 1:15-1:45 pm Fresh Cut Grass — Bluegrass Band
- 2:00-3:45 pm Train Ride —Bluegrass Music on the Train
Tickets (including the train ride are $19 for adults and $14 for children; without train ride the tickets are $10. Train departure time is 2 pm.
For more information, visit www.kyrail.org or call 1-800-272-0152.