CLASSIC ROCK MUSIC TO MAKE A SPLASH IN FREEDOM HALL
“Rock the Yacht 2015” featuring Little River Band, Ambrosia, Player, Stephen Bishop and Robbie Dupree brings the 1970s summer soundtrack to life.
- Little River Band was the first Australian band to successfully conquer foreign markets from an Australian base. In their three-decade career, the band has sold more than 30 million albums and charted eight Billboard Top 10 singles including “Reminiscing” and “Lady.”
- In 1970, four Los Angeles-based musicians combined progressive, classical and blues sounds to form Ambrosia. The foursome’s biggest hits include “Holdin’ On To Yesterday” and “Biggest Part of Me.”
- Player hit commercial success with their No. 1 single “Baby Come Back.” Other Top 40 hits including “Prisoner of Your Love” and “This Time I’m In It For Love.”
- Songwriter-singer Stephen Bishop’s discography includes hits “On and On” and “Save It For A Rainy Day.” In addition, several of his songs have been covered by popular singers such as Phil Collins, Eric Clapton and Barbara Streisand.
- Robbie Dupree’s debut album in 1980 yielded two Billboard Top 10 singles, “Steal Away” and “Hot Rod Hearts,” and earned him a Grammy® nomination.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 16 at 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Freedom Hall, Kentucky Exposition Center
TICKETS: On sale Friday, June 12 at 10 a.m. Prices are $47, $37, and $27 and include facility fees.
For more information visit www.state.ky.us