Cool Critters Day at Woodlands Nature Station
Hey kids! Explore the exciting world of cool critters with an up-close look at big bugs, beautiful birds, stupendous snakes, marvelous mammals, terrific turtles, and more! Learn about all kinds of unusual and awesome animals from the scientists and naturalists who study them. Many presenters will have exhibits and demonstrations throughout the day, and others will give special programs at scheduled times. Also enjoy games, crafts, jokes, and lots of up close critter encounters! Make a day of it – bring a picnic or stop by our on-site food vendor. $5 - ages 5 & up; free - ages 4 and under. Event will be held rain or shine. Ideal for home educators.
11am – Cool Critters of the World – with Natural History Educational Company of the Midsouth
12pm – Beautiful Birds: Tropical & Exotic – with Nashville Zoo
1pm – Cool Critters of the World – with Natural History Educational Company of the Midsouth
2pm – Puppet Show: Kentucky Animal Adventures with Olaf from Frozen
3pm – Cool Critters of the World – with Natural History Educational Company of the Midsouth
• Throughout the day -- Meet Smokey Bear – Smokey will be making appearances throughout the day!
• 11am-3pm – Molly’s Ark Mobile Petting Zoo – Visit with barnyard animals they can pet
• 10am-4pm – Radical Reptiles – Visit with reptiles from around the world with the Kentucky Reptile Zoo
• 10am-4pm – Insect Road Show – Get hands-on with a millipede, tarantula, beetles, and more from the University of Kentucky’s Dept. of Entomology
• 10am-4pm – Reptiles and Amphibians of Kentucky & Tennessee – Check out native frogs, lizards, snakes, turtles, and salamanders with teachers and students from Austin Peay and Murray State Universities.
For more information call 800-525-7077 or visit landbetweenthelakes.us
Woodlands Nature Station at Land Between The Lakes 3146 Silver Trail Rd., Golden Pond, Kentucky 42211 View Map