In keeping with the Black Friday shopping tradition, Frankfort Avenue will host a special FAT Friday Holiday Hop on Friday, November 29, where trolleys will run extended hours from 11 am-10:30 pm. Many businesses will host special offers, live music and refreshments. Free trolleys will run along Frankfort Avenue from Cannons Lane to River Road.
Special activities planned for the Holiday Hop include:
- Spot5 Art Studio, 2005 Frankfort Avenue, will offer free open studio ornament-making to anyone with a receipt from a participating Frankfort Avenue business dated 11/25 or after.
- BAZ and BEA Boutique, located in the Mellwood Arts Center #175, will offer a 20% discount on all items, and shoppers can register to win a door prize.
- The Urban Farmhouse Market, 2830 Frankfort Avenue, will offer a 25% discount on all black items in honor of Black Friday.
- Margaret's Consignment, 2700 Frankfort Avenue, will host a book signing by Bob Mueller at 5 pm and a tarot card reader at 6 pm.
- Crescent Hill Trading Company, 2720 Frankfort Avenue,will serve hot cider and cookies, and the Louisville Water Company will set up a booth to give away free 22-ounce reusable water bottles.
- South Bayly Boutique, 107 S. Bayly Avenue, will host a reading from the Christmas book The Pause by local author Keith Gaddy Davis at TIME and a live music by Kevin Oechsli.
- Heine Brothers, 2714 Frankfort Avenue, will serve $1 small coffees all day.
- A Reader's Corner Bookstore, 2044 Frankfort Avenue, will host a book signing by Juliette Douglas for her book Freckled Venom, Copperhead from 1 pm - 3 pm and host live music by Misha Feigin from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
- Vint, 2309 Frankfort Avenue, will offer$1 off their holiday drink items: the Gingerbread Latte, Naughty List Latte, Jack Frost Mocha, Candy Cane Latte, White Pumpkin Latte and the Maple Sugar Latte.
- The Comfy Cow, 2221 Frankfort Avenue, will give a free $5 gift card to anyone who purchases a $25 or more gift card.
- The Tangerine Closet, 2359 Frankfort Avenue, will host a BOGO sale - buy one dress, get one half off - and serve refreshments.
- Eyedia, located at 1631 Mellwood Avenue, will host a fundraiser for the Network Center for Community Change (NC3) and serve refreshments.
- The Wine Rack, 2632 Frankfort Avenue, will host a Schlafly Tap Takeover with complimentary samples of 4 Schlafly beers from 6 pm-8 pm.
- Varanese Restaurant, 2106 Frankfort Avenue, will host live jazz music and FAT Friday drink specials.
- Mellwood Art Center, 1860 Mellwood Avenue, will host an opening reception for artist Michael King and live entertainment in the courtyard by 17-year-old singer/songwriter Amanda Pennington.
The FAT Friday Trolley Hop, held year-round on the final Friday of every month, provides free parking and trolley transportation to participating shops, restaurants and galleries. The route runs along Frankfort, Mellwood and Story Avenue from Cannons Lane to River Road. The trolley program relies on the support of member businesses to cover the cost of the free public trolley service.
For more information, visit www.fatfridayhop.org.