Historic Joseph Holt Home Community Day
The 7th annual Holt Home Community Day is September26, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. CDT. Plan to be a part of something unique in seeing step by step how the last official Kentucky Lincoln site in the Commonwealth is being restored and will be reused.
Citizens are invited to play an active part of this educational and worthy project.
Schedule of events:
Opening Ceremony (Remarks and greetings) 9:00 a.m.
Breckinridge County Judge Executive Maurice Lucas
President, Friends of the Holt Home, Inc. & author Susan B. Dyer
Guest speakers 11:00 a.m.
Guest speakers promoting history, Dr. Elizabeth Leonard, the John J. and Cornelia V. Gibson Professor of History, Coby College, rescheduled, and others!!!!
- Judge Advocate’s Office, Fort Knox Kentucky/ Wreath-laying ceremony/ Partnering (Judge Advocate’s office to honor one of their own yearly. (Public participation honoring Judge Holt, around 12:00 noon at the Holt Family Cemetery on the grounds.)
- 113 Army Band “Dragoon Brass” Fort Knox, Kentucky performance/ Partnering 10:30 Patriotic Music
- Kentucky History Mobile (Learning lab & museum) Partnering(all day)
- 112 Heavy Artillery from Camp Nelson, (reinstated) with authentic Civil War cannon firing (three times) display all day.
- 9thMichigan Volunteer Infantry from Fort Duffield camp display all day.
- Home Tours(Guided) Breckinridge County Schools partnering (home closed for tours from 10:45-12:15)
- Phase 1 Exterior renovation tours(self-guided with script) ( continue after 12:15)
- Tree Tours of the historic grounds, Paul Joseph O’Donoghue
- Judge Kelly Easton, Master of Ceremony, Judge Joseph Holt
- Larry and Mary Elliott/ President and Mary Todd Lincoln
- Alice Glover/ Emily Briggs/ Window Dressing
- Local talent/Breckinridge County Chamber Singers, Kathy Tabor, Paul Joseph O’Donoghue, and Alison O’Donoghue Mattingly 9:15-10:30
- Kentucky Home Guard Band 12:15-1:00
- Guilderoy Byrne Band1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Grind with the Wind European Organ Grinder, Ted Guillaum (period music for baseball game and more 12:15, and throughout the day.
- New Event (Civil War Baseball game) beginning 12:15 /Coach JonathanBennett
- Returning 112 Heavy Artillery from Camp Nelson, (reinstated) with authentic Civil War cannon firing (three times) 10:15, 12:15 and 2:00.
Lincoln’s Forgotten Ally by Elizabeth D. Leonard
Lincoln’s Advocate: The Life of Judge Joseph Holt by Susan B. Dyer & other participants!
For more information call 270-756-2269 or visit the www.jholt-houseky.org