Celebrate with Artistic Director Les Waters and Managing Director Jennifer Bielstein as they kick off the 38th Humana Festival of New American Plays at Actors Theatre of Louisville, running February 26-April 6, 2014. This year’s Festival program will feature (in order of opening):
- Partners by Dorothy Fortenberry, directed by Lila Neugebaue
- The Christians by Lucas Hnath, directed by Les Waters, commissioned by Actors Theatre of Louisville
- The Grown-Up by Jordan Harrison, directed by Ken Rus Schmoll
- brownsville song (b-side for tray) by Kimber Lee, directed by Meredith McDonough
- Steel Hammer, directed by Anne Bogart, music and lyrics by Julia Wolfe, original text by Kia Corthron, Will Power, Carl Hancock Rux and Regina Taylor, recorded music performed by Bang on a Can All-Stars and Trio Mediaeval, performed and created by SITI Company
- Remix 38 by Jackie Sibblies Drury, Idris Goodwin, Basil Kreimendahl, Justin Kuritzkes and Amelia Roper, directed by Ian Frank, performed by the 2013-2014 Acting Apprentice Company, commissioned by Actors Theatre of Louisville
In addition, a bill of three 10-minute plays will also premiere as part of the scheduled lineup.