Family-style Thanksgiving meal planned at Butchertown Grocery
New Louisville restaurant to offer classic seasonal dishes for groups of all sizes
New restaurant Butchertown Grocery, 1076 E. Washington St., will open this Thanksgiving for with a family-style menu Thursday, Nov. 26 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Chef Bobby Benjamin’s seasonally-inspired holiday fare, including smoked rotisserie turkey and sweet potato gnocchi, will be available for $30 per person, plus tax and gratuity, at the restaurant in the heart of the historic Butchertown neighborhood. For more information or to make reservations, call 502-742-8315 or visit butchertowngrocery.com.
“By inviting locals to have us do the cooking and clean-up, we plan to bring the fun and festive holiday everyone hopes for but rarely gets to fully enjoy,” said Benjamin.
Guests at this event will be among the first to experience Benjamin’s refined yet approachable cuisine and the restaurant’s friendly, soulful atmosphere. Butchertown Grocery plans to open to the public Wednesday, Nov. 25 for lunch, dinner and late-night bar service.
The Thanksgiving menu, served family-style, includes:
- Smoked rotisserie turkey with turkey gravy
- Pork belly-wrapped stuffed pork loin with pork pate, cherry and thyme
- Cornbread dressing
- Bacon-mushroom dressing
- Broccolini with calabrese peppers, Mornay and brown butter breadcrumbs
- Brussels sprouts with cranberries, pine nuts and chives
- Glazed root vegetables with parsnips, turnips, carrots and herbs
- Sweet potato gnocchi with brown butter, sage and pecorino-Romano
- Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and chives
- Mac and cheese with white cheddar, chipotle cheddar and yellow cheddar
- Dinner rolls
- Chocolate cream pie with hazelnut crust and Valrona chocolate
- Pumpkin pie
About Butchertown Grocery:
Located in a former grocery store, Butchertown Grocery, 1076 E. Washington St., is an ambitious new neighborhood restaurant from chef Bobby Benjamin, My Morning Jacket drummer Patrick Hallahan and high-stakes lawyer Jon Salomon. Diners enjoy a sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere in what will soon be Louisville’s living room – a place for a business lunch, tasting menu, laid-back brunch, after-midnight snack, impromptu performance, or superbly crafted cocktail. Butchertown Grocery will open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. for lunch and dinner with late-night menu and bar hours until 4 a.m starting Nov. 25.
For more information or to make reservations call 502-742-8315 or visit butchertowngrocery.com or follow Facebook and Twitter.