The Bristol Bar & Grille Jeffersonville offers Valentine’s Day specials with optional wine pairings by Master Sommelier Scott Harper. Chef Richard Doering has prepared a menu of à la carte dishes ranging from $10 for oysters Rockefeller gratin to $26 for ribeye with truffle salt.
The Jeffersonville Bristol Bar & Grille, located at 700 W. Riverside Drive, features stunning views of the Louisville skyline and the Ohio River, making it an excellent destination for a romantic evening.
- Oysters Rockefeller gratin ($10). Fresh oysters baked with spinach, bacon, cream, parmesan cheese and Pernod liqueur. Served with house made herbed focaccia. Suggested wine pairing: Gruner Veltliner Glatzer ’12, Carnuntum, Austria ($7/glass, $24/bottle)
- Chilean Sea Bass ($25). A buttery, medium-flavored fish, pan-seared and topped with a passion fruit beurre blanc. Served with mashed potatoes, vegetables and a Bristol house salad. Suggested wine pairing: Sauvignon Blanc Honig ’12, Napa, Calif. ($9/glass, $31/bottle)
- Air and Sea ($20). Airline chicken breast topped with Cara Cara orange glaze with house made seafood sausage, rice, vegetables and Bristol house salad. Suggested wine pairing: Pinot Noir Kenwood ’12, Russian River Valley, Calif. ($8/glass, $28/bottle)
- Ribeye ($26). 10-ounce choice ribeye seasoned with truffle salt, served with goat cheese-spinach mashed potatoes and asparagus. Suggested wine pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon Franciscan ’11, Napa Valley, California ($11.50/glass, $41.50/bottle)
- 3 x Chocolate Dessert for two ($12). Chocolate cup filled with fresh raspberries and white chocolate mousse, garnished with chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate bourbon goat cheese truffles.Suggested wine pairing: Pedro Ximénez Lustau “Solera Reserve San Emilio,” Jerez, Spain ($9/3 ounces)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries ($12). A half dozen delicious chocolate dipped strawberries
For more information or to make reservations, call the restaurant at 812-218-1995. Several other Bristol Bar & Grille locations will offer Valentine specials. Visit www.bristolbarandgrille.com for more information.