Bourbon Bung DIY
A nod to Kentucky`s unique bourbon heritage, these easy-to-make place card holders are created using bourbon barrel bungs, made by Kentucky Barrels in Danville.
You will need:
- 4 bourbon barrel bungs (available at www.kentuckybarrels.com)
- Wood stain (We recommend Minwax Gel Stain in Aged Oak)
- Wood finish stain brush
- Heavy gauge wire
1. Drill a small hole in the center of each bung. Sand the edges to create a smooth and finished surface.
2. Stain the bung according to the product`s directions. Allow to dry and add another coat.
3. Cut the wire into lengths of about 6 to 8 inches. Insert one end of the wire into the bung. If the wire is too loose, add a little E-6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive, which is available at most craft and hobby stores. Using the pliers, shape the other end of the wire into a spiral large enough to hold a place card. Create place cards and insert into holder.
Another Great Idea
Create take-home bags for leftovers using elements from your decor, and send guests home with both food and memories from your Thanksgiving together.