Think your recipe can stand the heat? Enter our 5th Annual Reader Recipe Contest and find out!
Please read details below before submitting your recipes.
In every issue, Kentucky Monthly serves up a tasty selection of recipes to our readers. We’re now turning the tables and asking you to wow us with your culinary creations. SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED! Submit your favorite original recipe by March 10, 2014 and you may be featured in the May 2014 issue of our magazine. Plus, we’ll award one grand prize for best overall recipe and prizes for each category winner. Winning recipes will also be considered for inclusion in a future Kentucky Monthly cookbook. You can read contest prize details HERE.
We’re accepting submissions in the following recipe categories:
- Main Courses
- Go Local Fare – for consideration in this category, your dish must be made using locally grown or made products.
- Deadline for submission – all recipes must be submitted online by Thursday, March 6, 2014.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Eligibility – Contest is open only to those with a connection to Kentucky including, but not limited to, current and previous residents of the state of Kentucky and/or subscribers of the magazine. Submissions from individuals without a compelling tie to Kentucky will not be considered.
- Recipes must be your own original creation and not previously published and; include a list of all required ingredients in specific, common U.S. household measurement units, step-by-step preparation instructions, and cooking times. Recipes submitted in the Go Local Fare category must include at least one ingredient that is either locally grown and/or made.
- All entries and materials submitted in connection with the contest, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Kentucky Monthly upon submission, and entry materials will not be returned to any entrant. By submitting (a) recipe(s) to the contest, you acknowledge that Kentucky Monthly will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the submitted recipes in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity.
- Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all recipes submitted by you; and (b) all such recipes are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- The editorial team of Kentucky Monthly reserves the right to cancel or move to a different issue the planned Reader Recipes Contest feature.
- Winners will be notified by April 18, 2014.