We received hundreds of entries from talented readers across the Commonwealth (and beyond) and are pleased to announce the winners of our 6th Annual Writers’ Showcase, highlighting our favorite fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry and “Celebrating 15” submissions. The winning works are featured in our November 2013 issue.
- The Baptism of Oma Ray by Derick Strode, Bowling Green
- Marvin and Lily by Leif Erickson, Lexington
- The Barber’s Sanctuary by Sheila Stovall, Franklin
- Injury to Insult by Ian Hall, Raven
- Growing Pains by Jennifer Beckett, Georgetown
- Neighborly Love by Martha Wayland, Berea
- The Shortest of Seconds by Elizabeth Sands Wise, Georgetown
- In ’62, I Remember by Nancy Davis, Scottsville
- The Raccoons by Mike Norris, Lexington
- Pleasant Valley by Amanda Kelley, Clearfield
To commemorate our 15th Anniversary, we asked writers to create interesting stories and poems – using only 15 words.
- Lee Ann King, Owensboro
- Jarred Gillette, Hawesville
- Christy Farris, Means
- Judy Mitchell, Beechmont