Photo by Jesse Hendrix-Inman
This crowd-pleasing and easy-to-prepare dip from the Bristol Bar & Grille’s Executive Chef Chris Ross is a riff on the Louisville restaurants’ ever-popular green chili wontons.
Green Chili Wonton Dip
1 10.75-ounce can cream of celery, chicken or mushroom soup
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
2 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker on low, stirring occasionally.
- Serve when it’s hot and bubbly.
Fried Wonton Chips
1 pack wonton wrappers
4 cups canola oil
- Stack wonton wrappers on a cutting board and cut into triangles.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a deep, heavy soup pot or home deep-fryer. Once oil is hot, lay the wontons in it as if you were dealing cards.
- Fry for about 30-45 seconds and remove with a slotted spoon when they are golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- While they are still hot, sprinkle immediately with Bristol Seasoning (recipe below) to taste
3 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried sage
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Combine ingredients and grind in a spice grinder or blender.
- Store in an airtight container.