Orange Blossom Fizz Cocktail
Recipe Courtesy of Patrick Ormerod, North End Cafe.
Orange Blossom Fizz
¾ ounce lemon/orange juice
½ ounce Stoli orange vodka
¼ ounce Chinese five-spice syrup
Prosecco sparkling wine to top off cocktail
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon/orange juice, Stoli orange and Chinese five-spice syrup. Add ice.
2. Shake until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain contents over ice in a glass and top with Prosecco.
Chinese Five-Spice Syrup
1 tablespoon fennel seed, whole
1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorn
1 teaspoon cloves, whole
1 stick cinnamon
3 cups simple syrup
1. Grind ingredients in a spice or coffee grinder until they make a fine powder.
2. Toast the five-spice powder in a large pan until it begins to smoke and become aromatic.
3. Add 3 cups of simple syrup to toasted spices and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Filter syrup through a fine mesh sieve, and then filter again through a cheesecloth until all of the particles are removed. The syrup will keep for up to one month in the refrigerator.