2014 Reader Recipe Contest Honorable Mention
Submitted by Joyce Keibler of Crestwood
1 20-ounce wheel double cream French Brie
6-7 fresh scallions
8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
Pita chips with sea salt
- Peel rind from Brie and discard. Cut Brie into 1-inch cubes.
- Slice scallions into small pieces, using the bulb and only about half of the green tops.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and discard. Wipe the mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel. Do not wash. Chop the mushrooms into ½- to 3/4-inch cubes.
- Layer mushrooms, scallions and Brie into an oven-proof baking dish. (I use a round Louisville Stoneware dish for ease when serving.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the Brie is melted and bubbling. Serve with pita chips.