Photo by Jesse Hendrix-Inman
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Boozy Blackberries
Wine and chocolate – it’s the classic romantic duo of the culinary world.This delectable dessert recipe from Brigitte Nguyen of The Kentucky Proud Kitchen scrumptiously highlights the ardently associated ingredients.
½ cup blackberry wine, divided in half
½ teaspoon gelatin
6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1¼ cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 pint blackberries
- Set up a double boiler by simmering an inch of water in a saucepan and placing a heat-resistant glass bowl on top. Heat ¼ cup blackberry wine and gelatin in the top of the double boiler until the gelatin dissolves.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks. Reserve about ½ cup of whipped cream for garnish and fold the remaining whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture in stages, being careful not to deflate the mousse.
- In a small bowl, combine the blackberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and ¼ cup blackberry wine.
- Layer the chocolate mousse with the berry mixture in parfait glasses. Top with whipped cream and refrigerate until set.